Saturday, December 8, 2012

The Woman in the Mirror

Milestone Birthday:

The Woman in the Mirror
by Marilyn Jenett



Headshot-RG



Today, my birthday, December 7th, represents a milestone in history  Pearl Harbor Day. It also happens to be a shockingly clear milestone in my life. I won't reveal how many miles, but trust me, it's lots of stones indicating lots of miles.

The image in the mirror belies those travels, but the image in my mind and heart makes it pretty clear that our visit to this dimension is not indefinite (of course most teenagers will argue that fact).

It's become increasingly clear in my recent years that the most important benefit we can derive from these milestones is the ability to open ourselves to some greater meaning to our time here. Some people do this naturally and early. Most people are too darn busy with making money, making families, making careers, or just trying to make sense of it all to focus on a greater meaning for their existence.

I don't think I'm alone in wanting to make my time on this planet serve some purpose beyond myself. As I become aware of the multitudes of people who are opting out of passionless careers to enter some form of "healing" work, I know I'm not alone. And I don't mean healing from the standpoint of physical health, although that could be included. I'm talking about healing people's minds and spirits (and bank accounts), healing animals, healing the environment and the planet. The Universal parent that encompasses all of the above is...healing consciousness. And it all starts with healing our own.

Michael Jackson's Man in the Mirror expressed this beautifully. He didn't write the lyrics but no other talent could have offered us the song with such brilliance. It represents a profound understanding of our individual capacity to care about others on a global level and to initiate change in the world by making the change within ourselves first. Below is the link to the performance that only Michael could deliver. It highlights some of the greatest people in our history who have changed our world (as well as some fainting teenagers).

Today we remember Pearl Harbor, but I'd also like to remember the "pearl harbored" by Michael's song.

This is all about becoming aware of what's transpiring beyond ourselves and our needs. This doesn't mean setting aside our own needs. To the contrary, I've discovered that not only by healing my consciousness can I heal others  but remarkably, by healing others, I heal myself!

We don't need to be a great talent or historical figure or even famous or global to do healing while we are here. A line from the Talmud, the book of Jewish law, reads: "Save one life, save the world." I don't know the Talmud, I've only heard of that line, but I think I now understand its meaning. I felt when I began to teach the Feel Free to Prosper program nine years ago, that if I could only help one person change their life for the better, it would all be worth it. It would be worth giving up a business making tens of thousands of dollars on a single corporate event in order to help individuals with the knowledge of how I changed my own life for the better. I became driven with the desire to give meaning to the time I have left here. I didn't forego the idea of making sizable profits. I merely decided to find a way to make those profits in a way that was consistent with my spiritually maturing values. I have no issues about even taking my teachings into the corporate world. Only the purpose now would be to prosper businesses with prosperity teachings, not elaborate partying (my former corporate business).

Today on this milestone birthday, I am taking a good look at the Woman in the Mirror and asking Infinite Intelligence for the guidance and direction to continue my chosen mission and further its success. I am asking for the ability to make the changes in my own consciousness that will make a difference for others too.

The Woman in the Mirror knows that success is not based on the latest brouhaha over marketing tools and networking skills or following every fad or trend like a lemming. She knows that success is born of a mother  Prosperity Consciousness  and a father  a Wisdom and Intelligence beyond our own. The rest are just details.

Anyone can talk to the Man or Woman in the Mirror. Milestone birthday optional.


 
I'm Starting With The Man In
The Mirror
 
If You Wanna Make The World
A Better Place

Take A Look At Yourself And
Then Make A Change

Man In the Mirror
www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9Nh84lfvW0


 



REPRINT PERMISSION


You have permission to publish this article electronically or in print, as long as the following text is included and the article appears in its entirety and unchanged.

© Copyright 2012 Marilyn Jenett, Feel Free to Prosper
All rights reserved

Marilyn Jenett, an accomplished business owner in the corporate arena, founded the Feel Free to Prosper program to mentor and teach others to become aligned with Universal laws and accept their right to prosper. For more information, visit www.FeelFreetoProsper.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment