Sunday, June 14, 2009

DO YOU KNOW ABOUT PRILL BEADS? by Angela Treat Lyon

DO YOU KNOW ABOUT PRILL BEADS? by Angela Treat Lyon

I found out about this wonderful way to unpollute my tap water about 10 years ago and have been using it ever since. They come nicely bagged in a small, palm-sized waterproof bag in which you can either leave them or not. They're not really beads, but look like a tiny version of that white gravel people put on their garden paths.

I save about 50 bucks a month because I don't buy bottled water anymore. Here's why: the molecular structure of the beads make water into a more easily assimilatable form, and they also eliminate mold, chlorine and other impurities from water. They are reputed to be so effective that you can pour some of the prill-cleaned water into a polluted lake every day and the lake will clear up. They are also said to kill black mold.

What I like best about them is they make water taste as sweet as the well water I remember drinking when I was a kid.

I have no commercial affiliation with anyone who sells Prill beads, but thought you'd like to know about them and save some dough every month - especially if you're a large family.

Using the beads helps the environment, too - you won't be buying the bottles water anymore, which will cut down on plastic bottles sold and thrown away; plus when water from when you spill into the sink goes down the drain, it helps the sewage system, too. I pour a little into the canal out back of my house a few times a week.

If you get them from Ebay - as little as 8 bucks - there are no instructions, so look below** for how to use them if you get them.

** HOW TO USE PRILL BEADS
When I first got the beads, I had about a dozen liter bottles of bottled water I was going to recycle. So I just used those bottles. Obviously I don't have the same ones from 10 years ago - I replace them when they start to look too-used.

I bought a gallon jug of the cheapest wine I could find just for the glass jug. I don't drink, so I poured it out - sorry wine lovers! I emptied the little bag of beads into the bottom of the jug, and that's where they stay.

You pour tap water over the beads and let it sit 24 hours. Pour out the first batch - it will smell awful. You can use the second batch and from then on.

You pour the water from the jug into the smaller bottles every day, then refill the jug from the tap. Cover it lightly - don't tighten the lid. Blow off the accumulated chlorine gasses at the top of the jug when you open the lid.

The water will be completely safe - the chlorine seeps to the top and has to go somewhere - you just don't want to breathe it!

Wash and refill your waiting liter bottles, store and use, and refill the jug. Easy, saves you big bucks, and helps clean up the world. Very cool.

3 comments:

  1. Should we change the prill beads?or we can use one bag of them form example 10 years?

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    Great question. Upon several searches on google, most all said the same as follows:

    PRILL BEADS

    Please remember, these last a lifetime - so it is a one-time purchase. Those who regularly buy two or three gallons of spring water or bottled water of any kind will save hundreds or thousands. In addition, you receive the awesome Prill water health cleansing and cell renewal benefits.

    http://www.thewolfeclinic.com/prillbeads.html

    Happy day!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete